Sunday, May 31, 2009

lesson learnt

I gave my students this essay question for exam practise:

You have studied the novel 'Phantom of the Opera' by Gaston Leroux in the literature component in English Language.

From the above novel, write about a lesson you have learnt.

Support your answer with evidence from the text.

Your response should be:
-in not less than 50 words
-in continuous writing

I like this particular work. It's written in a matter-of-fact way, which made me laugh out loud. I especially like the last sentence - You tell them Aiman!

"We can't judge people by their looks. Example like community, community looked down to Erik because of his face. Of course his face looks ugly but he is intelligent, clever, talented, and determined person. It is of no use to have a beautiful face but don't know anything"

The lesson I have learnt: We should never underestimate the wisdom of today's youth :p

2 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

wow~~
Your students can really write!

My students will answer the question by copying random sentences from the summary text.

NFA said...

love his words, sgt jujur and analytical. haha.

bile kite nk kua ni?

F