Wednesday, May 06, 2009

KONWANIS 2009


KONWANIS used to be the acronym for Konvensyen Wanita ISMA. But in its 3rd edition, it stands for Konvensyen Wanita Muslim, as it was opened to non-ISMA members as well.

The 2D 1N convention was held at INTEKMA Resort, Shah Alam from May 1 - May 2, 2009.

There were around 400 participants from all over Malaysia. And they came from all walks of life. The youngest participant was 17 years-old while the oldest was 60+.

I really enjoyed myself there even though I was a bit malas to come at first. I had a very busy week and thought that I really deserved to spend my labour day doing nothing.

But alhamdulillah, by Allah's Grace, I did come to the convention and I gained so much from time spent there:

1) I was able to meet friends (Kakak2 & Adik2) whom I haven't met for a long time.

2) Dapat kad istimewa from a friend *wink2*

3) Dapat banyak pengisian yang bermakna.

The theme of the convention was "Jiwa Tenang, Hidup Sejahtera". So, a lot of what was discussed knocked sense into my head. Lately, I was highly-stressed by my increasing workload/responsibilities. I felt so constricted by them. At one point, I was thinking (in a rather dramatic and hysterical fashion): what do these people want from me?

After listening to the talks, I realised that I was too self-absorbed in my problems. EVERYONE has his or her own problems and things that they are stressed about. The (simple) remedy for my predicament seemed to be: Be less self-absorbed and be more thankful!

And never underestimate the power of positive thinking (husnozhon)!

Another sister reminded us that instead of stressing over the "usual" stuff: work, money, etc, we should be stressing over more important stuff such as:
-our solah (are they on time? khusyuk ke tak?)
-ibadah
-our inability to prevent kemungkaran
-etc

*dush*

Other reminders:

"Truly, man was created very impatient;-Fretful when evil touches him; And niggardly when good reaches him;- Not so those devoted to Prayer;- Those who remain steadfast to their prayer" (Surah Al-Maarij, Verses 19-23)

X X X

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest! (Surah Ar-Rad: Verse 28)

X X X

Dari Syuhayb bin Sinan r.a. katanya: Rasulullah s.aw. telah bersabda: Kagum sekali keadaan seorang mu'min kerana semuanya membawa kebaikan (pahala) baginya -- dan ini tidak mungkin berlaku melainkan kepada orang mu'min. Apabila dia mendapat nikmat maka dia bersyukur -- dan ini adalah kebaikan (pahala) baginya. Apabila ditimpa kesushan maka dia bersabar -- dan ini juga adalah kebaikan (pahala) baginya. (Hadis riwayat Muslim)

X X X

Sekitar Konvensyen:
poolside dining
membeli-belah

2 comments:

bubbly177 said...

:p

catching up sessionss ek..hehe..

utk point no 2 tuh, ehem..klu tk dpt dtg pon, hantarkan doa ye!

jzkk..uhibbuki fillah!

Rosyada said...

uhibbuki fillah too!
:-)