Monday, March 02, 2009

Earth Hour 2009


Earth Hour 2009 is coming up.

So guys, let's switch off our lights this 28th March from 8.30pm-9.30pm.

The event, as can be seen from this video, started in Sydney, in 2007.

I can still remember what we did at that time.

Ana, Durra and I switched off all our lights and lighted candles instead.

Nisa was not around as she had a DRAMAC event. They too observed the Earth Hour at the Lighthouse Theatre, Nisa told us.

I remembered the three of us huddling in the living room with candles on. We were watching the DVD "Love Story", which Durra has just bought due to my enthusiastic review of the book which the movie is based on.

The movie, however, was not so engaging. It was quite slow-moving. Ana gave up about 30 minutes into the movie. Durra and I persisted. I'm not quite sure why... hahaha

The movie's haunting soundtrack stayed with us for several more days because Durra kept on singing it... hahaha. I really miss you Durra.

I miss all Unit 82 occupants.
I miss Macquarie.
I miss Sydney.


Love Story - Love Story

7 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

I wonder what this Earth Hour is all about?
Unfortunately, my internet is too slow to load the website.
It would take a whole Earth hour.
haha~~

Anonymous said...

yessss i remember that dayyy!!!
we had people coming to our show bringing their own candles from home and we sat on the grass outside star gazing!! ouhh bestnyee.

love story? nisa tahan 5 minit je ok.

Rosyada said...

Earth Hour began in Sydney in 2007, when 2.2 million homes and businesses switched off their lights for one hour.

This year, Earth Hour is being taken to the next level, with the goal of 1 billion people around the globe switching off their lights.

Switching off your lights is a vote for Earth, or leaving them on is a vote for global warming.

-Taken from the website: www.earthhour.org -

Bookworm said...

omg! syadaaaaaaaaaaa i remember the day tooo!hahaahah

at that time tasha and i were sitting around our table looking at the cndle when a big black figure appeared near the door and said helo in a creepy way! it was one of the ....what do we call that..?yang keje dekat village tu..he was there to distribute Macq village magazine!at such time!
hahha horrorr!ingat hantu!

hehehe it was fun thoo.I MISS sydney.i miss those days.i miss living together~

*:(*

Jarod Yong said...

For a moment I thought the name of that dark figure who said hi in a creepy way was Chai.

wanee ahnal said...

I miss Sydney too... I miss MUV!! Nak bilik tu balik boleh tak??

Post Syada nih nostalgic betol la.. sob sob~

Rosyada said...

I was feeling nostalgic when I wrote it...

*sob sob* juga