Sunday, July 17, 2016

Anatomy of a Breakup

Breaking up is hard. But when the other party has let you down so many times and there's a growing distrust, I am forced to face up to the truth and make that tough decision.

I've glimpsed the writing on the wall for some time now but I was in denial for a long time.
We were such a good fit and we had so many awesome adventures together. Who could replace such a fun-loving, trustworthy and dependable companion?

We've conquered Kinabalu, Rinjani, Mulu Pinnacles, Irau, Kutu, Nuang, Twin Peak, Bunga Buah, Tabur & Broga together. Those trips wouldn't have been the same without his reassuring presence.

He's always had my back and pushed me on though I was ready to give up.

But he's changed. He now seems unsettled and a bit unsteady. And I can no longer rely on him :'(
When he didn't catch my fall the first time it happened, I just brushed the incident off. Things happen; There's no need to make a big fuss out of it. But when it happened again and again and he still didn't save me from shifting ground, I suspect that he is just unwilling to.

He has made his point very clear: I can no longer depend on him and that it's time for me to go to Decathlon to find a worthy  replacement.

(Quechua Grey, you'll always be my first love and I intend to find a pair JUST LIKE YOU)

No comments: