Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What Teachers Make

In the previous post, a student of mine gave me a link to the video below. I loved it so much that I thought I'd share it here:



 The whole poem can be found at taylormali.com but my favourite bits are these:

You want to know what I make?
-I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
-I can make a C+ feel like a Congressional Medal of Honor
and an A­‐ feel like a slap in the face.
-I make parents see their children for who they are
and what they can be.

You want to know what I make?
-I make kids wonder.
-I make them question.
-I make them criticize.
-I make them apologize and mean it.
-I make them write.
-I make them read, read, read.

Here, let me break it down for you, so you know what I say is true:
Teachers make a goddamn DIFFERENCE! Now what about you?

1 comment:

Jarod Yong said...

Nice! It's a great edification for teachers.