Friday, March 12, 2010

School holidays (again)!!! Woohoo!!!

After an interval of 3 weeks, it's time for a break again! *grin*

I remembered a friend's remark after she glanced at my yearly planner, "Banyaknya cuti!" I thought I detected disbelief coupled with envy in her tone... hahaha.

The thing is, I feel this year, we have fewer holidays. 4 public holidays fell on a Saturday (Thaipusam, Wesak, Labour Day & Agong)! FOUR!! Where's the fairness in that??

And to make it worse, the Raya Puasa holidays coincide with the mid-semester 2 break (!).

At the beginning of the year, while mapping out my 2010 planner, life appears bleak indeed :-p

Only after that remark did I realise how lucky I am. So, no more complaints about having fewer holidays!

Having a break to destress yourself is important but I've never been able to make full use of the school holidays (not when I was a student, and not now, as a teacher). Of course, you start off with all the best intentions: to mark your students' books, to enhance your subject's content knowledge, to declutter your workstation, to read for leisure, to spend quality time with your family (shouldn't this be first?), to get done the things you've been putting off, etc, etc, etc.

But rarely did these intentions materialised. Maybe about 20% did. But the rest are what we call "angan-angan yang terkubur".

Despite my embarrassing track record, I couldn't help myself from setting ambitious targets for this coming school holidays as well. There are 2 weddings and 1 engagement feasts to go to (congratulations to my lovely friends Faizah, Mass and Nada!!) and the rest are same old, same old (read: things mentioned in the previous paragraph).

I just hope that I won't oversleep, overeat and surf the internet excessively.

Fa is coming home from Marudu so I'm counting on her and Nada to engage me in fruitful activities :-p

As for my beloved students, here's something that you can join:

May you come back to school with a rejuvenated body, revitalised energy and a rekindled iman.

Oh, and a refreshed mind too so that more grammar items can be stuffed inside there :-)

For more info, visit http://krimgombak.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

me said...

nada is getting engaged??? waahh hehe happy holidays syada! moga tercapai segala plan hehe

Jarod Yong said...

Syada, enjoy your holidays.
I'm sure you've worked your ass off during working days.
Why do the same during holidays?
Take a break.