Sunday, January 04, 2009

They (are going to) call me Cikgu

In one week's time, I am going to melapor diri to my designated Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan. I have yet to know which SMK I'll be going to... but it'll be somewhere in the state of Selangor.

Since mid-December, I've been trying the online Semakan Penempatan. But each attempt was met with:

HARAP MAAF.

Nombor Kad Pengenalan yang anda masukkan tiada dalam senarai penempatan ini.


Finally, on Jan 2, it stated:

Penempatan Anda di SELANGOR

So, it looks like I'm going to stay put at Selangor. Not heading to Sabah after all. heh.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I am glad that my parents are glad (ecstatic is more like it) that I got Selangor. Undoubtedly, it is a CONVENIENT location. And for someone who is not yet ready to become a full-fledged adult, knowing that my support system is nearby, is hugely comforting. Besides, one does not have to deal with the many problems/challenges affiliated with teaching in the remote areas. These problems/challenges are described so "graphically" in an email by our lecturer - stuff certainly not for the faint-hearted.

YET. oh yes, there's a yet. Yet, I couldn't help but envy those going to these remote areas. They are capable of initiating so much positive change! Sounds heroic + romantic eh? Beginning teachers are supposed to exudes that sort of enthusiasm and spirit.

I had dinner with Fa and Nada last night. Fa, is flying to Sabah in 3 days' time. And she's handling the situation VERY well. She has finished packing her 20kg luggage - complete with hand puppets and flash cards in tow (for teaching aids). She has looked at websites of the schools she might be posted to (in the district of Kota Marudu); And she's bursting with ideas that could be implemented there.

Well Fa, all the best to you. Nada and I will definitely Cuti-Cuti Malaysia at Sabah this school holiday.

As for those who are posted to their respective hometowns, to quote a saying in Sang Murabbi the movie:

"Ladang dakwah terhampar luas
Kewajiban kita untuk menyirami tanah-tanah tandus
Menyemai benih-benih unggul
Agar tumbuh pohon-pohon kejayaan Islam
Dakwah ini akan terus mengalir menuju Ridho Allah
Jangan bersedih
Di mana kita berada di situlah dakwah kita sebarkan"

1 comment:

NFA said...

time kasih syada..gud luck to u too~ingt eh..cuti2 msia...mari ke karambunai~~

F