Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sirah Junjungan


It was touted as the first ever Islamic musical theater in Malaysia.

I didn't plan on watching it but Nada, Fa & Zue strongly recommended that I do. They said that it was really touching (especially towards the end).

So I went with my sister. We were expecting a small crowd, like the one on Wednesday. Nada, Fa & Zue got upgraded to better seats since the audience was so small.

But on Friday, the place was packed. We had trouble finding a vacant parking space. There were bus loads of people. We were hoping that there are still tickets left (fat chance of being upgraded though).

Thankfully, there were tickets still. The RM50 ticket placed us on the upper circle of the Panggung Sari. Unlike Nada, I didn't get to see Jamal Abdillah "depan mata" (qoute, unqoute) :p

The show was around 2 hours' long. At times, I felt that it was a bit draggy.

On the whole, I was a bit disappointed. I was kind of expecting more. I wasn't "touched" as Fa promised I would.

But there are two parts in the show that I felt a lump in my throat:
Firstly, when Jamal Abdillah sang the song right after Rasulullah became an orphan.
Secondly, when the people of Madinah sang joyously to mark the arrival of the Prophet.

The most annoying part has got to be the "Latta Uzza" song. Hind's high pitch cackle is a close second.

When I told my mom that I didn't like the show, my sister reproached me: "Jangan la kata tak best... cakapla it was a commendable effort. After all, it was the first theater of its kind in Malaysia"

*terkedu seketika*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with the 'Latta Uzza' music..its kindda irritating.

Anonymous said...

helo there...i would like 2 suggest u 2 watch the 2nd season of sirah junjungan...more fresh n much more better n worth it...:)

Rosyada said...

I did watch it last Thursday.

I somehow prefer the 1st season!