Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fajr

I just bought a new book to read now that I'm officially assignment-free :)

The book is entitled: "Islam, the West and the Challenges of Modernity". It's written by Tariq Ramadan and translated by Said Amghar.

In his introduction, Tariq talks about the memory of his father, Said Ramadan:

A few months before returning to God, he said to me, with the strength of his sad, drowned look: "Our problem is one of spirituality. If a man comes to speak to me about the reforms to be undertaken in the Muslim world, about political strategies and of great geo-strategic plans, my first question to him would be whether he performed the dawn prayer (fajr) in its time"

*Ouch!*

5 comments:

Ana Shirin said...

I try hard to wake up when the waktu masuk.. usually will berjaya, sometimes kecundang jua.. huhu

*nice piece, though*

Far Azmi said...

ouch!

Miss Aini said...

ouch! jugak

Anonymous said...

Is the book good and thought-provoking? Please let me know. I'm always looking for new material to
read.

I'm particularly keen to read about Islam in the face of modernisation, especially with all the happenings in the world today.

Please keep me posted!

Thanks.

Azan

Anonymous said...

I am not really on time..but i somehow read somewhere that..there are two times when malaikat would visit us and report to God whether or not we've performed our prayers.They'd come when we're praying and 'd leave when we are praying too..They'd visit us during the two most difficult prayers [yg selalunya ditinggalkan] which are Subuh and Asar..i think its because, during Subuh prayer, we might be tempted to sleep and during Asar, kluar jalan2.

so alarm bunyi i akan cepat2 teringat this.if tak bgn then malaikat tak dtg melawat laaa..so it motivates me hihi :D good isnt it?