Monday, February 26, 2007

1st Day of Uni

My first day isn't going too well. I had to drop LING317 for LING312. That means I have to face the intimidating V once more :(

Do you think that it's acceptable to drop a particular unit - despite of its relevancy to your future career- because of its lecturer??

Well, that's what I did.

I opted for 317 because I wanted to avoid 312.

But a few days ago I found out that 317 clashes with 340. And since 340 is a core unit, the elective 317 has to make way for it.

Which also means that - like it or not - I have to take 312 (the only other elective available).

Sue apologises for the timetable clash. She said it shouldn't have happened.

oh, well ...

semua yang terjadi mesti ada hikmahnya kan??

Then, I remembered what Durra shared with us the other day:

If you're thinking "Kenapa aku tak mendapat apa yang aku idam-idamkan?"

--->"Boleh jadi kamu membenci sesuatu, padahal ia amat baik bagimu, dan boleh jadi kamu menyukai sesuatu, padahal ia amat buruk bagimu; Allah mengetahui sedangkan kamu tak mengetahui." (Al-Baqarah:216)

That made me feel slightly better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's true what durra said. takpe syada, ada hikmahnye. :)

Nisa Kamaruddin said...

i feel u.
the same thing happened to me remember? TEP 449, Drama in Secondary School. *sigh*

Allah knows what is best for us.
and He always gives us the best.

312 might be the best for u.

=)

"Allah tidak akan menganiaya hamba-hambaNya"

=)

sd. said...

not neccesarily ape yg kite nak kte dapat.. but we can make wat we got the better 1 kan?

~FARIZA~ said...

betulla syada..semua mesti ada hikmahnya..kadang2 tak semua nak kita nak, kita akan dapat..mesti ada hikmahnya..good luck to us in Bilingualism..verna oh verna

Ana Shirin said...

i think you would've liked Ling312 by now right?? well, for the part where we are actually group mates for the presentation

Rosyada said...

sure thing ana

Alin Yussuff said...

syada,
u've been tagged..
sile visit my blog for more info yer..

Sunny MST said...

aiyoyo...

uve been tag lah...

aiyoyo amma appa...