Friday, November 10, 2006

trying to snap out of it

These past few days have been trying.

Now, isn't that surprising considering that
- the term is over;
- I have handed in ALL my assignments; and
- I have absolutely nothing to do

I have been dreaming of this moment for so long (since week 10). After handing in the EDUC265 major assignment, I was completely burn-out. Never in my life have I worked so hard for a 1500 word assignment. I've read hundreds of pages of conference papers for the assignment. I had to squeeze every word from my brain to complete the assignment whereas most of my friends exceeded the word limit (I only reached 1489).

Anyhow, after that punishing task, my downward spiral began:
- I missed three 2-hour lectures (one lecture in each subject);
- I left one lecture when it's halfway through;
- I began to neglect my readings; and
- I put off doing my Sociolinguistics' major assignment for as long as I could

It was a battle to get through the end of week 13.

To motivate myself, I dreamed of all the things I would do when the semester is over. I made a list of books to read, movies to see, places to go to, things to write in my blog, etc

But I haven't done any of the things I planned. I just don't have any enthusiaam left it seems.

Today I feel particularly depressed (sorry Nisa & Durra for having to put up with my gloominess and unsociability).

I just feel a lot of problems weighing on my shoulders and I don't think that I'm strong enough to face them all. :(

10 comments:

~FARIZA~ said...

it's ok..hanging in there ok..last few weeks had been my dreadful weeks as well, but finally, we managed to submit all the assignments and sat on our LING 253 test right? yup, we did...let's work harder for the next coming exams..huhu..

Far Azmi said...

betul syada... huhu... mari bekerja keras utk exam!

:)

Anonymous said...

:)

me said...

fariza, u ingat ni "hanging by the moment" lagu lifehouse tu ke? lol! ok sorry, i was joking.

anyway syada, it's ok. just relax. we all are facing the same situation it seems. there will be times like this. so just relax, and smile. x pon, mehla bace my book tu! :)

~FARIZA~ said...

tasha ni dengki tau..biarkla...hikhik..
ye syada, mari kita berusaha..

oh kelihatan kelibat "word verification", i akan tabah mengharunginya..oh oh oh..

me said...

ermm fariza, BIARKLA???

hahahahhahahaahhaha huhuhuhuhuu hahahahahahhaaha

Anonymous said...

haha lawak2 korang selalu jadikan blog syada ni nk kenakan cik fariza amboi2.hahahaha

its ok syada.you'll get through it.i mean you have to =) i bet you're fine now after beating the guys at futsal n after the chick flick session.weeeeeee!!!

Rosyada said...

haha

yes durra

those things helped a lot!

:p

Anonymous said...

wad?!
u beat the GUYS in futsal!
IMPOSSIBLE!!!

btw...
Syada is a strong person...
she will be as strong as a bring wall against the winds of this world...

Umm Khadeejah said...

lol~~(saje nk respond gaye nasrul gelak)

syada jahat, samseng pau duit dan lain2

sekian