Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sleep is a powerful motivator

I'm supposed to hand in a 750-word assignment today. As expected, I just finished writing it late last night (and prior to writing this post, I have just finished editing it). It's not a difficult assigment. Yet, I kept putting it off.

I think it has to do with the "Week 5 slump". Typically, people are all eager to start the new semester well. We would draw up the usual resolutions to no longer procastinate, to pay 100% attention in lectures, etc. But come week 5, the spirit has somewhat cooled down.

Another example of my weakening resolution is that I didn't manage to read the EDUC265 readings for this week. It's EDUC265 people!!! The subject I'm most diligent in. The subject where Rod Lane is my tutor ... remember??

Anyway, let me get back to the title of the post.

Last night, after writing about 500 words, I went downstairs for a "short" break. Predictably, the break got extended when I switched on the tv and NCIS was on. Oh, I also went downstairs to drink a glass of milk. But, the break also became an unplanned makan session.

See how weak my willpower is? huhuhuhu

Anyway, I somehow managed to bring myself upstairs again to face my unfinished assignment. But it was so hard to concentrate since it was already 10.45pm. I thought I better sleep first and wake up early the next morning to finish it up. Nisa, who's in the next room, sensed my intention. She got me to finish up my assignment by saying:

"Syada, Syada takleh tido lagi. Baru nak pukul 11. Buat kerja dulu. Dah pukul 1, kalo Syada tak siap lagi, baru boleh tido. Kalo Syada tido jugak, Nisa kejutkan sampai bangun"

Pukul 1??? I can't stay up that late. I wanna sleep!!!!

Suddenly, I was gripped with the urgency to finish writing the remaining 250 words. It surprised me how quickly I finish writing them up. SLEEP, not grades it seems, is able to motivate me ..

6 comments:

Nisa Kamaruddin said...

selamat ade kawan mcm nisa kan?

Rosyada said...

:)

Anonymous said...

what happened to your so called 'new azam' syada???

Far Azmi said...

syada!!!! hehe

me said...

u did it syada!!

Ana Shirin said...

a 750 words assignment is kacang for syada, people.. hehehehehe