Sunday, February 21, 2010

facebook groups

Today's the last day of my 9-day CNY break *sigh*

I wish the break can be extended but maybe work is good for me; as it means less hibernation and more productivity :-) Besides, the following week is a non-teaching week. The students will sit for their February Test *yeay!*

Though I feel sorry for the students, I just can't express how much I love exams --just as long as I'm not the one setting the paper and I only have to mark MCQ answer sheets :-)

To my students who might be reading this; Life is unfair, I know... :-p

So to brighten up their day, I'm listing the groups related to teaching/teachers I've come across on facebook.

They are meant to elicit a few laughs, but as a teacher, they sort of remind/caution me of what not to do.

Most probably, you've already become a fan of the following groups:

1- I love when teachers tell the class stories that make the class waste time.
2- Teachers trying really hard to tell a joke... it's sad to watch. [*ouch!*]
3- I love it when teachers come into the class and say: Please do your own work.
4- "It's so easy!" "Of course you say it's easy!!! You're a teacher!!!"
5- We pay for an education, not a lecture on how we look.
6- Sitting in class thinking WHEN AM I GOING TO USE THIS IN MY LIFE!!

I haven't come across many groups that teachers create and join but I think Guna's status post can be converted into one. He wrote, "So you think you can teach? My class can be a new reality show".

Another good one is, "I'm a teacher, GET ME OUT OF HERE!" which is the title of a book by Francis Gilbert and Tasha's blog entry.
It's easy to see the love/hate relationship between teachers and students, no?

2 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

Love? What love?

Rosyada said...

hahaha

yes jarod, believe it or not, we do love them despite everything...