Wednesday, January 13, 2010

'Who Am I?' Questionnaire

I often do this activity when I first enter a class:

Students copy the questionnaire and fill in the blanks (questions taken from the Cutting Edge workbook).

-I absolutely love __________
-and I really enjoy __________
-I'm quite good _________
-but not very good ________
-I'm not really interested __________
-I spend a lot of time __________
-and I know quite a lot __________
-I spend too much time __________
-and I don't have enough time _________
-I don't know anything about __________
-and I really hate __________

After everyone has written their answers, I will collect their books and begin to read randomly from the pile. The whole class will have to guess the identity of the person whose book I'm reading.

The exercise is really fun when your students give creative and unique answers that reveal their personality instead of run-of-the-mill answers like "I don't have enough time to study"

Anyway, last week, a student from 3A, gave a very good answer for "I'm quite good __________". Most students write the subject(s) they excel in or the skills they are good at in the blank (e.g. I'm quite good at basketball).

But this student wrote: "I'm quite good-looking" (!)


That gave me a good laugh.

The student scored some brownie points for his wittiness. But since he played truant today, those points are all but diminished...

4 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

good idea!
I might just do it!
=)

hafiz said...

wow...that student must be very confident of his appearance...

Rosyada said...

haha...
he must be!

me said...

thanks for sharing. kinda reminds me of my practicum. i used to do this too, but somehow i have forgotten all about it. hehe u'll never know what the students are going to write!