Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kejohanan Olahraga

My school held its Kejohanan Olahraga today. The event was held at the Stadium Majlis Perbandaran Selayang. Around 10 buses ferried the students (athletes and perbarisan people) to the venue. I had to look after the students in one of the buses so I had to be at the school by 6.30am!

Thank God the road was deserted during that hour (it's Sunday after all). So, though I left home at 6.30am after the Subuh prayer, I reached school not long after.

The school was already buzzing with the students' excitement. Students were (chaotically) boarded into the buses and off we go.

The journey took around half an hour. We reached there at about 7.25am. The teachers had to "sign in" and after making sure the students are settled down, a few of us "sneaked out" for breakfast at a restaurant nearby. We were like rebellious/naughty schoolchildren playing truant. Honestly, some of these teachers have a bad influence on me :-p I had my favourite breakfast: roti canai and teh tarik.

After having our fill, we went back to the stadium and reported for our respective duties. I had to be Hakim Lorong(!). Had not the slightest idea of what I have to do. There were 8 Hakim Lorong so we delegated the tasks. Unfortunately, I had to be in charge of the longer events: 800m, 4x100m, 1500m and 4x400m. I'm definitely several shades darker by the end of the day.

Rumah Merah was the overall champion. My house: Purple/Perwira was second last... huhu

A few pictures from the event:

The opening ceremony

I get to walk on the field while the sprinklers are on - something that I've always wanted to do :-)

The closing ceremony

why oh why is there an image of a fencer in the programme book when it's an athletic event???

2 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

Not everybody knows what fencing is, dear...
haha~~

Anonymous said...

my school's sport day was yesterday. seronok sungguh cheering and stuff tapi nisa s/u sukan so tak boleh bias walaupun semua anak murid feveret kat rumah merah. sokong dalam hati je. hehehe