Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gorgeous Photos



After my exam the other day, I went to the library to check out the photo exhibition that I've been meaning to see. The exhibition is titled: The Mosaic Middle East. It is located at the Macquarie University Library Exhibition Area (next to the borrowing counter). The exhibition is on from Nov 16 until Dec 14.

The photographs are taken by Alex Marlow, a recent graduate from Macquarie University in Political Science. He took the pictures in 2005 and 2007. The photos feature 5 countries: Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria & Egypt.

I really like the photos. They are absolutely beautiful!! Among my favourites are the photos of the separation wall in Palestine and the photos of Petra in Jordan.

The photos of the separation wall are moving. There is one which features a graffiti asking "W H Y ?". It was a simple image yet so powerful.

The ones of Petra are magnificent. I'm reminded of the story in Quran of the Thamud people who are skilled in carving out dwellings in the mountains.

So, even if you had no reason to go to the library now that the exam is over, do pop in for a while to check out the exhibition :)

1 comment:

blobber said...

rosadya, thanks for the kind words - im stoked that you liked my photos!!! :)