Tuesday, July 31, 2007

After Melbourne

My last semester at Macquarie Uni kicked off yesterday.

I'm quite psyched about it. My lovely winter vacation has certainly rejuvenated me - not just physically and mentally - but spiritually as well :)

On a more sombre note, yesterday, I've gotten to know that my brother Erwan's house was burgled. Burglaries are so common in Malaysia now that you hardly bat an eyelid.

But this burglary is slightly more chilling. The burglar leveled his knife to my 10-month old niece. He also left a message to my brother: "Tuan rumah jangan nak berlagak"

Huh?? berlagak?? Apa kes??
I've never been to my brother's house in Kuching but from the photos that I've seen, his rented house looks very modest. It doesn't look remotely luxurious.

I felt so angry and sad. What's happening to Malaysia?
Crimes are so widespread and common that you don't feel safe anymore... not even in your own house :(

Tetiba rasa takut nak balik Malaysia hujung tahun ni... huhu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

syada, if i remember dulu pon rumah ur bro kene burglared kan? hehe sorry kalau salah :P

Far Azmi said...

"tuan rumah jangan nak berlagak"..

haihh haihhh perompak2 zmn skrg..

kurang adab sopan

Rosyada said...

tasha: a'ah, tu abg lain.

farah: lol. sbb tu dia jd perompak kot .. hoho

Miss Aini said...

aih. jadi norm kan rompak2 ni kt msia. selagi tak libat juta2, confirm tak masuk media.