Sunday, September 10, 2006

One crazy day

I wasn't feeling well when I woke up today. The weather's so cold and that made my nose runny. But I couldn't sleep in since we needed to start cooking for the "Dikir Mayang" party. The party is held to celebrate Macquarie people's successful Dikir Barat and Ulik Mayang performances in Malaysia Fest.

My house, Unit 31, was in charge of Mee Kari and begedil. Norzi's house was responsible for Soto and beverages. All the girls helped out to prepare the meals. But since I felt a bit weak, I got the easy job of boiling 8 packets of spaghetti with Fatin. Easy enough. (I never was talented in the kitchen)

Anyway, the party was great. I thought I would not enjoy myself since I felt so miserable. But good company always cheers you up :)

After eating the delicious food, everyone just sat around relaxing. Suddenly, someone started singing the Negaraku ... huh? Where did that come from?

From Negaraku, they moved on to other patriotic songs. And after that, songs from the various states in Malaysia. By now, everyone had joined in. Raya songs came next. And after that Dangdut (!) and other Malay songs.

The singing session was then replaced by a photography session. Seng Chee was missing in action. We took the pictures without him. Turned out that he went back to his house to fetch the volleyball. That was to be our next activity.

The rain had stopped. I shouldn't have joined them playing since my cold would only get worse. But I still did.

We played volleyball for a while before switching to "Baling Selipar". By then, more people have joined in. It was while playing "Baling Selipar" that things got a bit out of hand. Friendly rivalry got a lil' bit serious. I have to own my part in it.

I didn't mean to, but I threw the slipper quite hard at Sakinah. It was an instinctive act; not an intentional one. Anyway, I felt quite bad about it. Azan made it worse by saying that I probably dislocated Sakinah's shoulder by whacking her like that. He's kidding of course but I still felt bad because I knew from past experiences that I tend to get too competitive when involved in sports. It's not something that I'm proud of :(

That's why this blog's name is thus. A friend at IPBA, Syida, teasingly said that about me and it got stuck: I'm nice, as well as rotten. huhuhu

Anyway, after that incident, I played nicer. Well ... at least I tried to ..

Right now, I about to go to sleep and as predicted, my cold's gotten worse. Karma at work? :p

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hah kan betul syada ni sebenarnye jahat.hehe kidding =)

me said...

huhu terkena tempias kat me! norzie nak attack syada terkene my eye ball!! huhu

Umm Khadeejah said...

gile best...kalo tak bley jadi competitive bersame syada..teringat insiden main netball dgn troli woolies~hahahah dlm hujan plak tu

i missed this exciting event~haish what a day~

Ana Shirin said...

syada... kembalilah ke pangkal jalan semula.. jangan suke tipu dalam permainan dan juge memukul anak orang tanpa belas kasihan

fATin Ali said...

auwww syadaaaa.... ure not that bad~~ tsk tsk tsk...

yeah.. kite rebus spaghetti sampai tertido2 kan, fatin siap bg syada bantal lagi suro baring, byk la petua pasal kesihatan fatin dok bebel gak kan.. hehehhehe poyo~!